Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Review of Frasier Island by Susan Page Davis


Frasier Island: Ensign Rachel Whitney is posted at a remote missile installation on a North Pacific island, where she is to work in isolation with two men. She could love her new assignment, if Lt. George Hudson weren't so antagonistic and obstinate. She sets out to prove she is perfect for the top secret job, in spite of the tension between them.
The island is attacked, and another crew member lets slip that George has neglected to tell Rachel about one important aspect of their job. The nuclear warheads she thought they were guarding have been disarmed, and they are really protecting a valuable and rare element discovered in the water at the base of the island.
When word leaks out about the precious material they are guarding, Rachel and George have few resources besides each other and their faith in God to help them survive and foil an enemy attack that could endanger all of America. From Susan's website





In my opinion:

What a highly intense book. Susan does a great job of pulling you into her novel and keeping the pace of the novel moving so fast you end up staying up to 2:30 in the morning so you can finish the novel. I guess you can tell that I really enjoyed this book. It is one of those books that you can't put down. I loved Rachel and her gumption to enter a man's world and George is such a strong emotionally challenged character, I found myself talking to him. I don't often talk to the characters while reading. I have to confess, I loved one of her minor characters the most. Pierre!!! Which you learn more about in his story Finding Marie the sequel.(I will post my review tomorrow.) It says a lot about Susan's ability to write if she can create minor characters that make an impact on the reader. I will definitely be a repeat reader of Susan's. If you haven't read this one, it is a must read.

No comments: