Monday, September 28, 2009

Ten Miles and counting

Saturday morning the alarm went off at 4:15 am. I reached over turned the radio off swung my legs over the side of the bed and stretched. I had ten miles to run and it was up to me and my attitude to accomplish it. After dressing and eating a light breakfast, I embarked on my journey to meet my running buddies and slay the ten mile run. The sun was still asleep as were most people on this beautiful morning, and except for the occasional dog barking or a car passing by the peace of the morning was a gift from God and it only got better when two hours later the sun rose as my ten mile run came to an end.


The first three miles are always the hardest for me but after that I get in my groove and just run I am able to accomplish so much. While running this past Saturday, I couldn't help but thank God that I have the ability to run. When I say ability I don't mean the talent. Trust me, my running buddy Jenn, is always giving me pointer on how to run better, "Shoulder back, tummy in and tuck your hiny under" When I am running with everything pulled back, in and tucked under I don't feel all that graceful. The ability I am talking about it the actual movement that I am blessed with. Even in the aches after my long runs I rejoice in the fact that I can run with two strong legs to keep me moving.

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

I love everything about this website.
Thank you,
Lorraine
moml1@cox.net

Donna said...

Thanks Lorraine, you are so sweet.

JMac said...

I love too, you are my forever "running" buddy