Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My running life update

I won't be running the White Rock Marathon as planned since I had an injury that too me out of running for almost three weeks but I will be cheering on those who are taking on this challenge this weekend. The weather should be wonderful for a run.

In the weeks that I haven't been running I have been swimming and doing core exercises. Hopefully this combination will make me a stronger runner. Thank you to those who have followed my running life. It isn't over. I plan to run the half marathon (13.2 miles) in February in Ft. Worth and maybe I will run a full marathon this spring.

I hope that my running has inspired others to get out and do something they thought was impossible.

Peace,
Donna

3 comments:

Jodie said...

Go, Donna! You're an inspiration.

Martha A. said...

Good for you! I am always so amazed when I see people who do this sort of thing, but the injuries scare me a bit!

Greg said...

Sorry to hear injury puts you out of the White Rock Marathon. Through my journey I have been waiting to experience a similar injury or illness, but it has not yet arrived. It's been great to read of your effort...and I'll count you in my Hebrews 12:1 "crowd of witnesses" on Sunday.
-Greg