Saturday, June 14, 2008

Daddy's

Is there some man in your life that has taught you how to live. These pictures are men who fill the role of father. Everyone says how loving and caring their mothers are but you don't seem to hear how much fathers have impacted your life. In fact we tend to hear how much fathers are not present in the lives of their children and this is the reason for all the problems with today's youth. I don't disagree that there are many dads that are not present but I want to sing the praises of those men who are present. You make a difference and often you are lumped in with those who are not doing what they need to do. Fathers play an amazing role and there are so many that are active in their children's lives. Fathers teach work ethic, responsibility and honor. My father played a huge role in my upbringing. I grew up a military brat with a strong sense of right and wrong. I knew that I was loved and cared for. My daddy always believed I was capable of doing anything I wanted and to this day he is still standing by cheering me on. My daddy also was my security. I knew I was safe with him near. I remember going camping and I would be frightened to sleep in the tent unless my daddy was there. I can remember when daddy would go on TDY and I would sleep with my mother or my big sister because my security was not there. My daddy demonstrated to my sister and me how we should be treated. My husband is much like my daddy but if you asked them if they were alike they would deny it. Truth be told they are both amazing men. Jerry provides security for my children just as my daddy does. He works hard to show rather than tell my boys how real men behave toward women. He demonstrates how a Christian man lives his life for Christ. He shows by his actions how to love, respect others and become the person God wants us to be. These lessons he learned from his father. I am blessed to have Joe Moore as my father-n-law because he helped to mold the man that my children call daddy just as my daddy helped to mold me to woman I am today. Take the time today to thank the men in your lives and give thanks to God for them.
Happy Father's Day to the wonderful men in my life! I love you so very much.

No comments: