Saturday, July 19, 2008

Growing up!




Have you ever realized how hard it is to let your children grow up? All this time while my oldest was growing from an infant to toddler to adolescent and now preteen I would always think of what he would be when he grew up. I have a wonderful son who is incredibly smart, loving to everyone but his siblings (hoping that will change one day) and really just an amazing kiddo. I guess I could be partial maybe just a little.




Well, he has been away at aquatic camp for the past week and I have been held prisoner to the telephone, never wanting to miss his calls. Before he left I thought it would be great for him and to be totally honest at the time I was a little tired of his preteen attitude. What I never took into consideration is that I would miss him so much. No, I didn't miss the rolling of the eyes, sighs, or the mumbling as he went to do whatever chore he was asked to do that he felt beneath him. What I have learned from this experience is that even though he is twelve, he still wants to hear from his mom before he goes to sleep at night and I am blessed that we have that type of relationship.




The week seemed to last an eternity and now he will return home Sunday for a total of three days to leave again for church camp in another state. Maybe I will be tired of his attitude after a while in his presence and I'm sure the sibling fighting will commence within an hour of his arrival home but I know that when he is gone again I will miss him terribly and my dh will remind me that he will return home in just a few days.