Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day

Coming from a military family and a confessed military brat I want to wish all a very Happy Independence Day. We as a nation are blessed with so much and the men and women who are willing to pay the highest price inorder to ensure that we have them should be looked upon with great honor. It doesn't matter if you agree witht the war in Iraq or not you as loyal countrymen must support the troops overseas and serving on our own land. I thought I would list some a few famous quotes taken during the struggle for our independence. These are quotes we have all heard repeated over and over but quotes so worthy of that honor.

Patrick Henry- " I know not what course others may take, but as for me: Give me liberty or give me death"
Nathan Hale: "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."
Thomas Paine: Theses are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink fron the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."

Happy Independence day!
Donna

No comments: