Friday, August 22, 2008

Blogger Appreciation Week


Amy over at My Friend Amy has planned Blogger Appreciation Week. This is a week for book nerds like myself who love to read to be appreciated for the work involved in promoting, review and basically obsessing over books. I have been book blogging for almost a year and it is a love. Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you I always have a book in my hand. I even pick my purse based on if it can hold a book. I know it is sad. Of course I am starting to fear that the UPS driver who happens to be my neighbor is going to start protesting all the stops he as to make and I am now on a first name basis with the mail woman. I wouldn't have it any other way. I love when people enter my giveaways and leave comments and I love sharing new books that reflect my faith with others. So be sure to join in the fun no matter if you are a blogger or just a reader there is something for all this week.


Here is the basic information.
Register: In order to experience the maximum impact of the week, I invite you to register your participation (just like a retreat)!To register, just send an email to bookbloggerappreciationweekATgmailDOTcom with your blog url and what you consider your niche...i.e, general book blog, classics blog, personal blog with a healthy dose of books, YA books blog, etc. Then, add one of the two buttons at the bottom of this post to your sidebar. If you are a reader (no blog) just send an email announcing your plans to follow along.Why bother? If you register, you will be added to a book blog directory which will exist long after this week is over. Additionally, you will receive one raffle entry into the daily giveaways during BBAW here at My Friend Amy.Awards: Oh yes, there will be awards. The Oscars of Book Blogging. :) Nominations start next week.Spread the Word: If you are excited about this idea like I am and the other book bloggers who are helping, please consider writing a post on your blog announcing this event and inviting other book bloggers and readers to join.

No comments: