Friday, December 26, 2008

Review of No Place for a Lady by Maggie Brendan


I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and shared great times celebrating the birth of Christ. A wonderful Christmas was had by all in the Moore house hold. I'll post pictures soon. .

Today, I wanted to share a wonderful novel I read over the Christmas holidays called No Place for a Lady by Maggie Brendan. I just closed the book and have to say it is wonderful. I used to not like reading historical novels set in the U.S and always leaned more toward Regency novels but I have to say the Christian market has really turned out some great American historical novels lately.

No Place for a Lady is a wonderful novel set in the Colorado foothills during the year 1892. Crystal Clark has left her home in Georgia after the death of her father to visit her Aunt Kate. Even though Crystal is raised as a southern belle she is determined to hold her own in the rugged high country. Just when she gets a handle on her life, tragedy strikes and she has to find a new strength to carry her on. Luke Webber her Aunts foreman is a constant thorn in her side reminding her of her life prior to the Colorado foothills.

I fell in love with Crystal Clark her grit to succeed. I love novels who portray strong women in difficult situation. Luke Webber is a strong cowboy and just what every romantic longs for. The characters are all so well developed I hope we will catch glimpses of them in future novels.

If you love a romantic tale this is a really great read. I read it very quickly mainly because I totally ignored the house work and anything else I should have done since I couldn't put the book down. It was a great book and anyone who likes westerns and romance mingled together will love this one. I am giving this novel four and 1/2 books.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a book I would like.

Kim

Kay Dew Shostak said...

I also read this book over the holidays and enjoyed it. Great review - you did in describing the book
Kay

Kay Dew Shostak said...

I meant to say you did very well in describing the book.