Saturday, January 3, 2009

Faith 'n Fiction

My Friend Amy has the Faith n' fiction Saturday question up.

Today's question is something you may have already written about on your blog in some form, but it seems appropriate as the first question for the year.

What are your reading goals for the new year? Do you have plans to read through the Bible or complete any Bible studies? Do you hope to expand your reading horizons or reread some old favorites? Do you want to read more fiction or non-fiction? Do you want to increase the amount of Christian fiction you read? Do you have any goals for reading as it relates to your blog?

Actually I am reading through the Bible this year. I haven't ever done this and I want to read the parts of the Bible that I tend to miss. Everyone has there favorite sections of the Bible and when they pick up the Bible they are pulled to their favorite passages. With that in mind, I know that I am missing some wonderful words of God and not learning all I can.

I am also doing a devotion with my dh every night. I know that this will bring us closer to each other and closer to God. We have done devotionals together in the past but they have focused on marriage. This one is focusing on our walk with God.

As for the books I hope to read in the next year, I hope to continue to read a variety of Christian fiction and nonfiction. I love how Christian fiction reflects my faith and I want to continue to read books that have faith and love as a central theme in the novels. I do plan to read more books on parenting this year(always striving to be a better mom).

The last question is goals relating to my blog. Well...I hope to continue to introduce others to a variety of talented authors. I want to continue to read new books by Christ centered authors and share their work with others. I also want to increase the readership of this blog and share the authors and their works with more people.

7 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Here's my post.

Reading Plans for the New Year

kalea_kane said...

I never thought about how we all have favorite messages and books in the Bible we are drawn to. I mean I know, but I never really thought how you might miss some gems. :) I have never done a devotional with my husband. Sounds like a wonderful plan!

Have a great New Year! :)

Blessings,

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Good to hear you and DH are committed to devotional time together also.

Got my answers up at Free Spirit blog
http://tinyurl.com/a25ca9

Sunny said...

I read through the bible a couple years ago (my first time) and it was amazing how much that helped! I highly recommend it!!

I think it's wonderful that you and your dh are studying together.

Nise' said...

My husband and I should do devotions together now that we don't do them with the kids (they are gown). We just stopped doing them. We each do them on our own.

Lynn Squire said...

Good post!

Amy said...

I think it's awesome that you are going to a devotional together! Have a wonderful year of reading, Donna!