Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Talent and Time

I have said for years that I wanted to write. Never did I claim it would be the great American novel. It has always been one of those things that I always thought about doing but I never found the time. I thought when I quit teaching to stay home with my three children I would be able to write when the kids were napping. Little did I realize that during nap-time I was either doing dishes, laundry or some other task. I never seemed to find the time to write, but I always have felt God pushing me to write. In fact it seemed that every Sunday when Pastor Rick stood on the stage to preach he somehow singled me out in my heart to remind me that God has a calling for my life. That made me wonder. How long will God give me the talents I have if I don't use them?

3 comments:

Janna said...

Donna,
You won a book over on my blog
www.cornhuskeracademy.blogspot.com

You didn't leave me an email though so I'm trying to reach you here. Swing over to my blog to see which book you won and then email me your mailing address so I can get it to the author!

Janna
ryanx6@msn.com

Angie A. said...

Donna,

If God has given you the talents, He will make the time for you to use them.

Perhaps now your time is better spent doing other things - like raising children.

Don't worry - your writing time will come. Use this to prepare for it.

Praying for you.

In Christ,

Page

Donna said...

Thank you. It is so hard to remember that there really is a season for everything.