Tuesday, March 25, 2008

God's Plan Isaiah 55:9

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:6

I read this scripture today and it struck me that I am always questioning God just like my children always ask "Why?" when told to do something they don't really want to. We often get caught in this dialogue with God asking him constant questions when things do not go the way we want them to go. What we fail to realize is that God's wisdom is greater than ours. We only have a speck of understanding.

I could ask why for the rest of my life and I will not know the answer. Today we have knowledge at our fingertips with computers, media and books. I know on my cell phone I can see what time the movie is playing at the local theater or one in another state. All of my knowledge is just a tiny blip in God's grand plan. If we surrender our lives to him and follow him everything will work out for our good. Of course bad things are going to happen to us. We will lose people we love and sickness will still happen, but in the end we can rest assured that God has a happy ending for our lives if we have given it to him and follow his plan.

No comments: