Friday, March 28, 2008

Are you using your talent?



Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might. Ecclesiastes 9:10

Have you ever really wanted to do something but you did not have the talent? I have always wanted to sit down at a piano and play a wonderful melody and one day after many lessons by a patient teacher that dream may come true. It is not that I have not played an instrument in the past. During middle school and my first year of high school I played, well let me correct that, I held a saxophone during band class. A lot of my lack of ability is due to the fact that I did not practice and refused to lug the beast home.

I did not play my instrument with all my might and it was not a passion or a talent I had. God has given all of us gifts to use for His Glory. The church is often described as the body of Christ. Often we try to do things that really are not a talent we posses. The hand cannot do what is meant for the elbow to do. By using our talents God knows that we will be filled with contentment. Are you using the gifts God has given to you?

No comments: