Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Band concert and growing up.

My son and his sixth grade band had their competition yesterday and they did a fantastic job. Mitchell's band made a 1! I loved seeing them all celebrating together. I remember going to this same competion when I was in Sixth grade and how excited we were when we scored a 1. Sandy Lake has not changed at all in the many years and I mean many years since I was their but it was so much more fun sharing this time with my son.

I know that the time is fast approaching when he wont want me to go on the school trips. Just today he asked if he could walk home rather than be picked up. It seems like just yestureday he went to kindergarten and next year he will be in middle school. Gosh they grow so fast. I wish I could turn back the clock and spend just a little more time cuddling with him when he was little.