Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ready or not middle school here he comes!

He will never let me stumble, slip or fall. For he is watchinh, never sleeping. Psalms 121:3-4

My oldest son will be entering middle school next year and I have to say I am terrified. He will be entering the unknown sort of like a twilight zone. I don't know of anyone who says "Oh to be thirteen again" or "My middle school years were the best years of my life." No, most people remember those times as painful. A struggle to find out who you wanted to be and normally not finding it. I remember how vicious other girls were to each other at this age. This past weekend he had several boys over for a sleepover in a tent in the backyard. Most of these boys I have known since they were in preschool and kindergarten. I have seen this group of boys grow up together all going to different schools in different districts. There is one common factor though, they all have been brought up in strong Christian schools. I believe that this has given them a foundation to build their identities on. They know that they are loved by not just their parents but God. These children have a head start in finding out their purpose in life.