Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Did I pick that color?

Well, we had Rico and his guys out to paint the house. We are slowly getting things done to the house to get it ready to sell. This month we had the outside painted. Have you ever thought about how important the color is that you put on the outside of your home is? It isn't like the inside where you can close the door and nobody will see it. No, the outside paint is for everyone to enjoy or hate. I labored over the decision of the paint. All of the homes in our subdivision currently have the same vanilla paint scheme and I wanted my to be different. Not like lime green and purple different just enough to make the statement that this house is not the same as the others (even if the floor plans are pretty much the same). I went yesterday to pick up the paint from Home Depot and I thought I had picked wisely. You would think that they could give you a free sample like they do of icecream at Marble Slab. Just a small amount to see if you really like it. Those little squares really do not give you much to go on. Well, to make a long story short, instead of having a darker tan my house has a light sage paint and truth be told, I think I like it! If nothing else the house is painted and it doesn't look just like everyone elses house on the street.

No comments: