Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Treatment of President Bush

I normally never comment about politics on my blog instead I just discuss it with my dh but I came across an opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal that I found extremely interesting. In the piece Jeffrey Scott Sharpario states that the treatment of President Bush has been unfair. I agree with him. He states that according to the Gallup poles the presidents approval rating after 9/11 was at 90% but now is below 30%. He factually states that the conservative right abandoned President Bush while the left relentlessly attacked him. This is what he got for trying to act in a bipartisan manner. I think only time will tell the real legacy of President Bush. What I do know is that Americans should be ashamed of how they have abused him. I am certain that every decision he made was made with good intentions. Mr. Sharpario summed up his article with this:

"Our failure to stand by the one person who continued to stand by us has not gone unnoticed by our enemies. It has shown to the world how disloyal we can be when our president needed loyalty-a shameful display of arrogance and weakness that will haunt this nation long after Mr. Bush has left the White House."


If you are interested in reading the entire article click here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, Donna, President Bush did the best that he could with what he was given.I agree with the article.We should still support the president for the sake of our Country.

Kim